PWG> Process Document

Paul Moore paulmo at microsoft.com
Fri Jul 17 17:36:36 EDT 1998

I would not state anything about copyright - the normal rules of copyright
apply. I certainly do not agree that I "grant ulimited , license free,
....."

I would not state anything about patents either. Saying 'we will not prgress
a spec unless ....' does not need to be stated here (and in fact there may
be exceptions). The group is a bunch of intelligent grown-ups representing
many companies. I for one dont need to be told to think hard before agreeing
to a standard that requires me to pay some company a royalty for each
license. Having said that, I might agree to it. Nor do I need to be told
that I should choose a free standard over a royalty based one. This is just
one of the factors to be taken into account in the process.

All I would say is the final section about Non-NDA.