Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Wed Apr 4 20:37:24 EDT 2001

I've drafted and attached an MS-WORD short Appendix B for the Media Names
standard to indicate the existing standards that are intended to make use of
this standard, namely the Printer MIB, IPP/1.0 and IPP/1.1, and the PWG
IEEE-ISTO 5100.3 IPP Production Printing Attributes - Set1.  I've indicated
which objects and attributes in these standards are intended to use which
names in the Media Name standard.

I assume that standards that have not yet been published, such as the UPnP
BasicPrint Template, should reference the PWG Media Names standard directly
before being published, so we don't need to do that in our Media Names
standard, OK?  So I did not include mention of the UPnP BasicPrint Template
in the proposed Appendix.

This proposal also assumes that we add an Appendix A before it that defines
some way to do All In One Media Names, which I reference in the tables.

I would have made a flat text version, but I did it as tables to keep it
short and easy to use.

Comments?

Tom

 <<Appendix B-referenced-stds-as-tables.doc>>