don at lexmark.com don at lexmark.com
Thu Mar 13 16:24:04 EST 2003

Ron, et al:

We are requesting numbers for the XHTML-Print and CSS Profile documents as
stakes in the ground.  There is no guarantee that the W3C will ever take
them to its "Recommendation" status.  Having the PWG stakes in the ground
will provide early implementors with stable documents and can be easily
referenced.  Should the W3C drop the ball on this (not that I think they
will but you never know), the PWG can always drive these from
Proposed/Candidate status to Full Standard status.

 Don Wright                 don at lexmark.com

 Chair,  IEEE SA Standards Board
 Member, IEEE-ISTO Board of Directors
 f.wright at ieee.org / f.wright at computer.org