PWG> RE: Printer MIB v2 [posted ASN.1 files]

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Jun 4 15:57:25 EDT 2003

Hi Kelli,

I've just posted the latest clean ASN.1 files for:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/mibs/prtmib15.mib (draft-15 of PMv2)
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/mibs/ianachar.mib (IANA Charset MIB)
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/pmp/mibs/ianaprt.mib (IANA Printer MIB - types)

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/finmib16.mib (draft-16 of Finisher MIB)
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/fin/mibs/ianafin.mib (IANA Finisher MIB - types)

All of these files have had one slight edit:  the 4-digit year in the
LAST-UPDATED and REVISION clauses has been changed to the old 2-digit
year format (because most existing, deployed MIB compilers won't parse
the 4-digit year format).

Also, the 'prtmib15.mib' still IMPORTS 'InterfaceIndexOrZero' from
the Interfaces MIB (RFC 2853) for use in the single object
'prtChannelIfIndex' (which in turns pulls in lots of other MIBs).
(Hint:  I tend to locally edit 'prtChannelIfIndex' to change the type
back to 'Integer32' and avoid the IMPORTS chain.)

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald, co-editor of Printer MIB v2
  High North Inc