thrasher at lexmark.com thrasher at lexmark.com
Mon May 23 15:54:46 EDT 2005

I would think that if it's really that hard to put down into words the
the problems being solved (and what's required to solve these
problems), then the resulting work product is probably not worth
of being standardized in the first place.

In the case of the PortMon MIB it should be pretty easy to
list what the problem is with respect to the configuration of a network
printer
port on the client side and the installation of an appropriate printer
driver, and
to create a bulleted list of what needs to be part of the MIB to enable
this.

In the case of the Counter Spec. it should also be fairly straightforward
create a couple of paragraphs explaining what needs to be counted and
why as far as the need for billing/fleet management metrics.

I don't see this as a failure of the Process 2.0 since this was required
in the
original PWG Process document, I see it more as "our" failure to follow
it.

JT

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>
Sent by: owner-pwg at pwg.org