HALL,DAVID (HP-Vancouver,ex1) dhall at hp.com
Wed Feb 12 18:10:07 EST 2003

One reason that I can think of is that I think of the version as part of the
namespace, and the "foo" to be the interface name.

<namespace>/<interfacename>

Hence

http://www.pwg.org/ps/2003/02/12/JobControlInterface

The flip side of the argument is that the namespace is:
http://www.pwg.org/ps, and the interface is JobControlInterface/2003/02/12

Giving us:

<namespace>/<interfacename>/<interfaceversion>

I'm not sure what the right answer is..

Dave