Hastings, Tom N hastings at cp10.es.xerox.com
Tue Mar 18 14:09:30 EST 2003

For some reason the sizes of the clean version of the .PDF file is huge (3
Mb) while the revision marked .pdf was much smaller.  And of course the .doc
files are always huge.  However, zipping all of them separately helped a
lot.  Those who have to down load over a phone line this savings is
significant.

So I've down loaded individual .zip files for each of the four flavors:

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_DOC/wd-ippdoc10-20030314-pdf.zip
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_DOC/wd-ippdoc10-20030314-doc.zip
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_DOC/wd-ippdoc10-20030314-rev-pdf.zip
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/new_DOC/wd-ippdoc10-20030314-rev-doc.zip

               .pdf    .doc  -rev.pdf   -rev.doc
which are:   1152KB,  290KB, 694KB, and  307KB, respectively,
compared to: 2786KB, 1925KB, 865KB, and 2007KB, respectively.
ratio:          59%,    85%,   85%,        20%, respectively

Tom