SM> Server extension point missing error

Zehler, Peter PZehler at crt.xerox.com
Thu Jun 3 15:02:34 EDT 2004

All,

I discovered this new issue recently.  The Server element definition in
PwgSemanticModel.xsd does not have an extension point as do all the other
elements.  The result is that we would be unable to add any other services
such as scan or any device to the root node.

The incorrect (i.e. current) definition is
<xsd:complexType name="Server">
		<xsd:annotation>
			<xsd:documentation>The container object Server is
not explicitly modeled in the PWG Semantic Model</xsd:documentation>
		</xsd:annotation>
		<xsd:sequence>
			<xsd:element name="Printer" maxOccurs="unbounded">
				<xsd:complexType>
					<xsd:complexContent>
						<xsd:extension
base="Printer">
							<xsd:sequence>
								<xsd:element
name="Job" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded">

<xsd:complexType>

<xsd:complexContent>

<xsd:extension base="Job">

<xsd:sequence>

<xsd:element name="Document" type="Document" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

</xsd:sequence>

</xsd:extension>

</xsd:complexContent>

</xsd:complexType>

</xsd:element>
							</xsd:sequence>
						</xsd:extension>
					</xsd:complexContent>
				</xsd:complexType>
			</xsd:element>
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

The correct definition is
[...]

			<xsd:any namespace="##any" minOccurs="0"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
		</xsd:sequence>
	</xsd:complexType>

The proposal is to replace the incorrect definition in PwgSemanticModel.xsd
with the correct one.  I will bump the minor version number of the schema
file.

Please send out a note to the mailing list if you have any objections to
this change.

Pete

				Peter Zehler
				XEROX