[SM3] Consideration of Scope

Paul Tykodi ptykodi at tykodi.com
Wed Aug 21 18:37:51 UTC 2013

Hi Bill,

Thanks for summarizing these discussion points as I believe they will help
to shape the forthcoming discussions about what issues are most important to
our organization going forward.

I believe that the imaging industry is heading in the direction outlined by
the current MPSA president (Greg Walters) in the following two blog
articles:

http://workflowotg.com/blogs/in-the-flow/2013/08/will-workflow-render-paper-
useless.aspx
http://workflowotg.com/Articles/2013/07/19/Walters-Workflow-Old-Is-New.aspx?
Page=1

If he is correct that the general business organization processes handled
today by passing printed documents from one knowledge worker to another will
soon be changed to involve the passing of the information in an electronic
format from one knowledge worker to another and the members of our
organization accept this notion as true, then I believe the Semantic Model
3.0 and the Cloud Imaging projects as currently chartered (focus on a
complete imaging system) are very valid and should be completed.

If our membership has a significantly different view of where the imaging
industry is headed, then it is quite possible these projects will need to
have their charters changed and updated to properly reflect the will of the
membership.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--