[SM3] [IDS] Potential schema updates and cleanup

Murdock, Joe jmurdock at sharplabs.com
Fri Jul 11 00:04:31 UTC 2014

In looking through the schema entries for IDS, I notice some elements that are defined in security.xsd that are essentially duplicates of element in other schema files and should be cleaned up:

1)     EncryptionTypeWKV is defined in security.xsd and is identical to JobPasswordEncryptionWKV in PwgWellKnownValue.xsd

a.       Proposal:  Rename JobPasswordEncryptionWKV to EncryptionTypeWKV in PwgCommon and then security.xsd will use it.  This would also require changing JobPasswordEncryptionSupported and JobPasswordEncryptionType in PwgCommon to use EncryptionTypeWKV rather than JobPasswordEncryptionWKV

2)     AuthenticationTypeWKV is defined in security.xsd and is identical to AuthenticationWKV in PwgWellKnownValue.xsd with the addition of UsernamePassword, "Federation" and "Key" enumeration values

a.     Proposal:  Add "UsernamePassword" (I donlt think we need "Federation" or "Key" at this time) to AuthenticationWKV in PwgWellKnownValue.xsd and delete AuthenticationTypeWKV in security.xsd

3)     Security.xsd also defined LocalizedStringType,  UsernamePasswordType, Uuid, and UrnUuid type definitions.  Should these be moved to PwgCommon for general use?

4)     There may be others as I work on them....

Joe

Joe Murdock
Principal Engineer and Researcher
Chair IEEE/ISTO Printer Working Group Imaging Device Security
Sharp Labs of America
5750 NW Pacific Rim Blvd
Camas, WA 98607
(360) 817-7542