[SM3] New SM3 Draft Charter Uploaded to PWG FTP Site

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Aug 24 16:32:38 UTC 2015

Paul,

> On Aug 23, 2015, at 9:56 PM, Paul Tykodi <ptykodi at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> Per an action item from the last F2F, a new SM3 draft charter has been uploaded to the PWG FTP site.

1. The problem statement should probably be re-written based on the current focus, e.g.:

    "The Semantic Model workgroup is responsible for maintaining the PWG Semantic Model and defining new mappings and abstract models as needed to support interoperability and data exchange between Imaging Systems.  The PWG Semantic Model is an abstract version of the Internet Printing Protocol model and semantics which enables interoperability and data exchange with other protocols and XML schema."

2. The schema maintenance should probably be the first work item, since it is the primary ongoing task.

3. Drop PPDMAP.  Please.  It is not an "on hold" specification, we've agreed to drop it several times already and I am not available to be an editor for it.

4. I'm not sure the 3D stuff needs to be there; if we end up moving forward with an IPP version of the specification, the semantic model work would be schema maintenance.