WBMM> Differences

TAYLOR,BOB (HP-Vancouver,ex1) bobt at hp.com
Mon Feb 10 14:18:32 EST 2003

As for HTTP/XML/SOAP (& WSDL, XSD, etc.), I suspect there is some notion of
a requirement there that we need to be more explicit about.  I think part of
the justification for this effort (at least from HP) is alignment with the
new round of IT & management technologies, for a variety of reasons - align
management with other web services oriented work (e.g., PSI), better align
with broader IT management technology directions, etc..  My point is that I
don't think we're actually neutral on this.  We may want to consider other
alternatives, but part of our requirements will likely include an explicit
bias toward a set of technology "answers" that we need to align with.

bt