WBMM> FW: XMLCONF Proposal

Farrell, Lee Lee.Farrell at cda.canon.com
Mon Feb 17 14:13:45 EST 2003

Fyi...

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:mrw at windriver.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 7:14 AM
To: ops-area at ietf.org; ops-nm at ietf.org; ietf at ietf.org;
nmrg at ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
Cc: xmlconf at ops.ietf.org
Subject: XMLCONF Proposal

Hi All,

We have a proposal available for a new configuration protocol
that may be of interest to folks on these lists.  The proposal
has been published an an I-D, and can be found at:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-enns-xmlconf-spec-00.txt

We believe that this proposal addresses many of the operator
and vendor requirements for a configuration protocol that have
been gathered and analyzed over the past couple of years.

We will be requesting a BOF to discuss this proposal in San
Francisco, but before a BOF can be scheduled, we will need to
demonstrate sufficient community interest in this proposal.

So, if you believe that this proposal warrants further work
within the IETF, please send your feedback ASAP to
xmlconf at ops.ietf.org.

Please DO NOT cross-post replies to all of the groups cc:ed
on this message.

Thanks,
Margaret