WBMM> RE: Scope and Starting Point

MARKLE,CATHY (HP-Boise,ex1) cathy_markle at hp.com
Tue Mar 4 12:27:26 EST 2003

Bill,

You are correct that WebJetadmin currently uses SNMP but there is nothing
stopping the use of another protocol.  Also, WebJetadmin does provide a HTTP
server to provide information to a user, but if you think of WJA as a
service, anybody can use the information collected in any manner required.
A great internal scenario as well as external scenario would be to be able
to use WebJetadmin to manage devices.  WJA is a tool that can definitely be
used to go through a firewall to manage and monitor devices on a remote
network.  This is where I can see one of the benefits of replacing the MIB
with XML.

Cathy