WBMM> Comments on Harry's WSDL

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Wed Jun 4 10:34:06 EDT 2003

Hi,

Extracted from the PDF (see below), here are the Device operations
that were proposed for IPP extensions back in late 1999.

Cheers,
- Ira McDonald
  High North Inc

9.  Definition of the Set 3 Device operations

All Device operations are directed at Printer objects.  A client MUST
always supply the "printer-uri" operation attribute in order to identify
the correct target of the operation.  These descriptions assume all of
the common semantics of IPP/1.1 Model and Semantics document [ipp-mod]
section 3.1.

The Set 3 Device operations are summarized in the following table:

Operation Name / Brief Description
----------------------------------

* Disable-Device - Prevents the output device from accepting jobs with
  any job submission protocol.

* Enable-Device - Allows the output device to accept jobs from any job
  submission protocol.

* Pause-Device-Now - Stops the output device from marking media as soon
  as possible on the page or sheet.

* Pause-Device-After-Current-Copy - Stops the output device from marking
  media after the current copy has been stacked.

* Pause-Device-After-Current-Job - Stops the output device from marking
  media after the current job has been stacked.

* Resume-Device - Continues the output device from the last Pause Device
  operation.

* Deactivate-Device - Puts the output device into a read-only
  deactivated state.

* Activate-Device - Restores the output device to normal activity.

* Purge-Device - Removes all traces of jobs in the output device.

* Reset-Device - Resets the hardware state of the output device and
  re-initializes the output device software.

* Power-Off-Device - Powers off the output device.