WBMM> Operations

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 5 13:12:20 EDT 2003

So the list of operations I currently have is

Disable
Enable
Pause
Resume
Activate
Purge
Reset
PowerOff
GetAttributes
SetAttributes
GetResource
SetResource
Unregister

We are still toying with the concept of an "Execute" for extensibility if
nothing else (right?)

And this current thread is about adding GetSchedule, SendReport, and
SendNotification (or SendAlert)

Right?

Should we be considering Schedule as a Resource (GetResource vs Get
Schedule)? Is a report really GetAttributes?
Harry Lewis
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>
Sent by: owner-wbmm at pwg.org
09/05/2003 10:12 AM

"'Wagner,William'" <WWagner at NetSilicon.com>, "McDonald, Ira"
<imcdonald at sharplabs.com>, wbmm at pwg.org
cc

Subject
RE: WBMM> Operations

Hi Bill,

IPP "SendNotification" is used for Printer alerts (not just
Job notifications).  If we keep both, then the PWG Semantic
Model has to model them both and clarify when to use one
or the other.

And if a "routine" notification is sent to a WBMM Manager,
then it's not properly an alert (an exception notification),
right?