WBMM> Nov 11 WBMM Phone Conference and subsequent schedule

WBMM> Nov 11 WBMM Phone Conference and subsequent schedule

Wagner,William WWagner at NetSilicon.com
Thu Nov 6 11:16:29 EST 2003

The next WBMM conference call will be on 11 November from  12PM to 1PM EST. (Yes, this time I do mean Tuesday, 11 November). If this time is particularly inconvenient, please let me know. We have some substantial new material to go over, and very little time before the December face to face. Please look at the material and provide comments to the mail list as appropriate.

Time: 12:00 PM EST (9:00 AM PST)  Tuesday  November 11, 2003
Call-in US Toll-free: 1-877-874-5524
Call-in International/Toll: 1-712-455-8420
Participant Identification number: 497478#

The agenda:
	A. Review of Ira's updated Schedule Schema
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/schemas/schedule-20031104.xsd
Change notes are:
(1) Minor editorial fixups, per Pete Zehler and others;
(2) Deleted former no-op action 'None';
(3) Renamed action 'Other' to 'Vendor', for clarity;
(4) Added 'ActionStartupMode' (current cold, previous cold, or factory
    cold) to capture Printer MIB 'prtGeneralReset' semantics;
(5) Renamed action 'PurgeElements' to 'DeleteElements', for clarity;
(6) Renamed action 'PurgeResources' to 'DeleteResources', for clarity;

	B. Discussion of the initial draft of the WBMM Protocol Spec.

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wbmm/wd/wd-wbmm10-20031104.htm

	C. Discussion of steps necessary for extension of the Semantic model
to include the device objects schema derived from the MIBs, and the schedule schema.

ALSO, PLEASE CONSIDER THE REQUEST FOR IDENTIFYING PARAMETERS THAT SHOULD BE ADDED TO THE
MIB OBJECTS TO BETTER CHARACTERIZE TODAYS PRINTERS! For example, separate counters for
color prints and B/W prints.

Schedule proposed for the rest of the year is:
	19 November, 12:00 noon EST	Phone Conference
	2 December,  all day  Face to Face at Provo with Phone hookup
	10 December, 12:00 noon EST	Phone Conference
	17 December, 12:00 noon EST	Phone Conference

Best Regards,

Bill Wagner

Bill Wagner