WBMM> Simplified Resource state

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Dec 16 21:06:18 EST 2003

Hi,                                            Tuesday, 16 December 2003

Tom Hastings has convinced me that Resources should have state (as in my
recent prototype), but they should not have the 'stopped' state distinct
from 'processing'.  Only the associated Job and/or Printer should have
the 'stopped' state, for ease of implementation.

Note - JDF actually has a helper object 'resource link' between a Job
and an associated Resource - and the 'resource link' has state - I do
_not_ advocate WBMM adding such a link to the PWG Semantic Model.

Comments?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434