WBMM> FW: [asn1xml] New XSD to ASN.1 conversion tool on the ASN.1 websi te

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Mon Apr 26 14:51:52 EDT 2004

Hi folks,

FYI - below is a tool that converts W3C XML Schema documents
into ISO/ITU-T X.694 compliant ASN.1 schema.

Sun and other middleware vendors plan to enhance their middleware
to send ONLY ASN.1 encoded schema and instances over the wire (to
improve performance and interoperability).

Sun has already benchmarked 20-to-1 performance improvements
over the wire with XML Schema instances converted to ASN.1.

This tokenization is comparable to the WAP-defined tokenization
currently done for wireless access to HTML-based web pages.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434