WBMM> Return parameters for WIMS/WBMM operations

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Thu May 6 10:50:02 EDT 2004

Hi,

Yesterday on the WIMS telecon, we discussed adding a
'StatusString' return from the PWG semantic model
for normal or exception responses to all WIMS operations.
And we agreed that the 'StatusString' return should
always be the _first_ return parameter.

Looking at the PSI spec just now, I believe that we
should also add an 'UnsupportedElements' return from
some of the WIMS operations.

Below is the PSI/1.0 text from their 'GetJobElements'
operation (which is generalized to 'GetElements' in
WIMS protocol spec):

"unsupportedElements : UnsupportedElements - An UnsupportedElements object
that contains the elements that are not supported by the service. Conforms
definition in the Semantic Model [SM] PwgCommon.xsd. If an element was
ignored,
the element is returned with an empty value. If the element was substituted
to another
value, the element with the substituted value is returned."

So the revised WBMM operation signatures would be as
follows:

Agent Interface
---------------

GetSchedule (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI)
             statusString : StatusString,
             schedule : Schedule

SendReport (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI, report : Report)
            statusString : StatusString,
            unsupportedElements : UnsupportedElements

SendAlert (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI, alert : Alert)
           statusString : StatusString,
           unsupportedElements : UnsupportedElements

RegisterForManagement (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI)
                       statusString : StatusString,
                       schedule : Schedule

UnregisterForManagement (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI)
                         statusString : StatusString

Manager Interface

SetSchedule (sourceURI : URI, targetURI : URI, schedule : Schedule)
             statusString : StatusString,
             unsupportedElements : UnsupportedElements

Comments?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434