WBMM> Proposed WIMS Objects spec

Wagner,William WWagner at NetSilicon.com
Mon Jun 28 19:40:58 EDT 2004

Sorry,

I meant to also add  discussion  of this to the  June 30 phone  call  agenda.\

Bill Wagner

-----Original Message-----
From: McDonald, Ira [mailto:imcdonald at sharplabs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 22, 2004 10:13 PM
To: 'wbmm at pwg.org'
Subject: WBMM> Proposed WIMS Objects spec

Hi,

After considering the probable size of the appendices
for the WIMS Protocol spec for Resource, Subscription,
Schedule, Alert, and Report objects, I suggest...

- I write a free-standing WIMS Objects spec that expands
  and fully details the elements of and relationships
  between most of the objects in the WIMS object model
  diagram in section 3 of the WIMSn Protocol spec.

- I leave out the System, Service, and Device objects
  in the first draft, to avoid any controversy, and just
  document the existing semantics for other objects in
  our WIMS schema modules.

- Harry Lewis has offered to squirt it into Word, if I
  generate the formatted draft in HTML.

Comments?

PS - Two very interesting objects to flesh out are
Agent and Manager (the WIMS protocol endpoints).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com