WIMS> Schedule schema v0.70 (20 July 2004) - w/ TargetObjects

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Tue Jul 20 18:20:41 EDT 2004

Hi folks,                                         Tuesday (20 July 2004)

In the WIMS directory tree, I just posted the Schedule XML schema v0.70:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/schedule-20040720.xsd

This schema validates without warnings using XML SPY 2004, XRay 2.0, and
XSV 2.5 (the free XML Schema Validator).

For implementors, I also posted an instance of the Schedule XML schema,
generated by XML SPY 2004 at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/schedule-20040720.xml

For convenience, I also copied my 22 June versions of all five WIMS
schema to the WIMS directory tree (Schedule imports Events and
Resources).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com

PS - I added and later removed the PWG target namespace, because all
XML instances generated by XML SPY immediatedly failed validation on
schemaLocation.  Very inconvenient.  The instance above will probably
require tweaking in schemaLocation to validate on your workstation, but
should be helpful in crafting prototype WIMS messages.

[changes from Schedule v0.60 to v0.70]

(1) Minor editorial changes.

(2) Added type names (e.g., <xsd:complexType name="ActionTargetURIs">)
    for all sequence elements, for support of WIMS parameters,
    per recent PSI experience.

(3) Added top-level type and element 'Action' (choice of Monitoring,
    Management, or Administration action), for support of ExecuteAction,
    per recent PSI experience.

(4) Added 'ActionTargetObjects' after 'ActionTargetURIs' to
    GetElements/GetResources (Monitoring), SetElements/Resources and
    DeleteResources (Management), and all Administration actions,
    to support references to non-agent objects, such as Printer or Job,
    per issue raised by Harry Lewis.

(5) Added 'ActionManagedEntityType', 'ActionManagedEntityURI',
    'ActionJobId', 'ActionDocumentNumber', 'ActionScheduleId',
    'ActionSubscriptionId' elements for 'ActionTargetObjects' sequence,
    per issue raised by Harry Lewis.