WIMS> Posted Counter MIB v0.50 (5 February 2005)

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Sat Feb 5 18:12:41 EST 2005

Hi folks,                                     Saturday (5 February 2005)

I have just posted PWG Imaging Counter MIB v0.50 at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib10-20050205.htm
    - full text - PWG boilerplate, introduction, model, references

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimscountmib10-20050205.mib
    - ASN.1 MIB source only

This MIB compiles without warnings in both Epilogue Emissary and SMICng.

Comments?

PS - Jerry Thrasher - I added you as an editor, in anticipation that
you will convert this document to MS Word (although I suggest that
we wait for one round of review of the large body of front matter
and I then revise it in HTML source first).

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434
email: imcdonald at sharplabs.com

[change log]

- added boilerplate, introduction, requirements, overview, conformance,
  references, etc. to source document, in preparation for 'last call'.
- moved REVISION history from MIB to source document (since none should
  be present when the adopted MIB is published).
- deleted 'scanToEmail' and 'scanToFile' from 'IcServiceTypeTC',
  per comments from Pete Zehler.
- revised enumerated values of 'IcSubunitTypeTC' to align with
  'PrtAlertGroupTC' in Printer MIB v2, per comments from Ron Bergman.
- revised all REFERENCE clauses to delete redundant 'See:' for clarity,
  per comments from Ron Bergman.
- revised LAST-UPDATED clause to use 4-digit year (i.e., '2005'),
  per comments from Bert Wijnen (Lucent).
- changed MAX-ACCESS of 'icMediaUsedSizeName' from 'not-accessible'
  (former index object) to 'read-only' (correct access),
  per comments from Bert Wijnen (Lucent).
- changed label of MODULE-IDENTITY macro to 'imagingCounterMIB'
  'icMIB' (error caught by SMIlint tool),
  per comments from Bert Wijnen (Lucent).
- changed final arc of 'icMIBNotifications' to zero (0) and
  changed final arc of 'icMIBConformance' to two (2),
  per comments from Bert Wijnen (Lucent).
- moved all conformance requirements from OBJECT-GROUP macros to
  DESCRIPTION clause (mandatory groups) and GROUP clauses (conditionally
  mandatory or optional groups) of the MODULE-COMPLIANCE macro,
  per comments from Bert Wijnen (Lucent).
- added OBJECT clauses for 'icKeyServiceIndex', 'icKeySubunitIndex',
- added Alert object group (optional),
  per recent email discussion.
- added Alert Trap notification group (optional),
  per recent email discussion.