WIMS> Move WIMS requirements to separate spec

McDonald, Ira imcdonald at sharplabs.com
Fri Mar 25 12:08:51 EST 2005

Hi,

New thread for this topic - echoing Harry's concern.

We had hoped to move the WIMS Protocol spec into 'last call'
much sooner by including the WIMS Requirements, because each
prerequisite Formal Approval will use up at least two PWG
face-to-face meeting cycles (one for 'last call' and one for
the editorial cleanups and subsequent vote on Formal Approval).

But if we leave these WIMS Requirements in this single document,
we could waste a lot of time meant to be spent on substantive
issues in the body of the WIMS Protocol spec discussing the
editorial fixups for the requirements.

Note that the PWG Process/2.0 does not require use cases.
It just mandates requirements, so some major truncation is
possible, if we want to take that path.

Opinions?

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839