WIMS> Counter Spec updates

A. Lynne Wagner LynneWagner at comcast.net
Tue May 24 12:55:34 EDT 2005

I have posted an updated (but certainly not final) draft at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050524rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050524.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050524rev.doc

I have included most of the items Ira and Harry identified, except in/out
octets in Monitoring, which do not appear to exist as such. There still is
material to add, such as the sources for the definitions, so this is not
intended as a final draft. (e.g., I did not update the TOC). I changed fig 4
to agree with Harry's first sample, which we had discussed last week.
However, if the purpose of Fig 4 is to identify the counter elements and the
relationship between elements, it does not address the SystemTotals
counters, which are perhaps more confusing. I suggest fig 5, with assorted
text.

As Ira indicated, I will be traveling, starting tomorrow, for three weeks.
Harry and Ira will continue the conference calls, and hopefully the recent
spate of changes will calm down.

Bill Wagner, Chairman, WIMS