WIMS> Latest Counter Spec LCRC update

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Wed Jun 29 17:43:03 EDT 2005

Today's WIMS conference call was attended by Bill, Ira, Rick, Harry

Latest LCRC posted (links below) with the most recent changes marked.
Also, change marks remain in section 3 as these changes require further
review before acceptance.
In this edit, largely, the counter tables were revised to leverage
terminology definitions from section 2, thereby simplifying the table
entries and improving accuracy by eliminating redundant definitions.

I removed the use of "user's Job Datastream" by reducing this to "user's
Datastream" as the definition of Datastream already says that it comes
from a user document (or image stream). I really don't even like the word
"user's" in front of Datastream, but I left it. I would argue (by our
definitions) that we have "User Mode" and "Datastream" and these terms are
sufficient.

Also, we were using a mix of "impressions produced", "impressions
printed", "impressions generated" and other various ordering of terms
which I normalized to "impressions generated" wherever I felt it was
appropriate.

On today's call, we modified some of the definition of terms in section 2.
Among others, we reworded the definition for "Work" (key, was removing
"Work" from the definition of Work). After the call, I took further
liberty with the definition of Work, attempting to simplify and clarify by
referencing other defined terms which is a basic theme of today's edits.

ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050629rev.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050629.pdf
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/lcrc-wimscount10-20050629.doc

Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems