WIMS> CIM> A few notes from today's concall with CIM Core WG

Harry Lewis harryl at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 30 13:59:33 EDT 2005

By the sounds of what I heard in the call, today (even though we didn't
get to closure), I think Ira is on the right track. I think the only
things we can reliably deliver in the Dec timeframe (for approval in Jan)
is the very low handing fruit. This should establish the relationship and
we can go forward from there.
Harry Lewis
IBM STSM
http://www.pwg.org
IBM Printing Systems
http://www.ibm.com/printers
303-924-5337

"McDonald, Ira" <imcdonald at sharplabs.com>
Sent by: owner-wims at pwg.org
09/30/2005 11:33 AM

"'Richard_Landau at Dell.com'" <Richard_Landau at Dell.com>, wims at pwg.org
cc

Subject
RE: WIMS> CIM> A few notes from today's concall with CIM Core WG

Hi Rick,

I share your frustration that we were left hanging about CIM Core
working contacts and CR guidance.

I guess we try to write a 'low hanging fruit' CR (editorial only).

We could decide NOT to deprecate the misplaced 'default-xxx' properties
in CIM_Printer and just revise their descriptions to warn that
authoritative info can be found in their sibling properties in
CIM_PrintService.

We could warn that 'current-xxx' properties were inherently ambiguous
and therefore 'implementation-dependent'.

That's sort of a diplomatic course that treats as editorial what we
think were mistakes, without stepping on the toes of any previous
implementors or CR submitters.

Blue Roof Music / High North Inc
PO Box 221  Grand Marais, MI  49839
phone: +1-906-494-2434