WIMS> Protocol Concall Wed 11 Jan 1pm EST

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 13:27:02 EST 2006

As Ira noted, the WIMS protocol conference call is on Wednesday, 11 January, at 1 PM EST. Agenda items include acceptance of last week's minutes, solicitation and review of PWG last call comments on the spec and schema, and preparation for next week's face-to-face.

The the docuements under last call are:

WIMS Abstract Protocol  (ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wims10-20051218.pdf.)

WIMS Schema
( ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/schedule-20051209.xsd         - Schedule v0.94
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wimsmsg-20051209.xsd         - WIMS Message v0.20
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wimstype-20051209.xsd         - WIMS Type v0.40
  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/schemas/wims-local-20051209.zip
      - ZIP of eight WIMS schema, WSDL/2.0 for WIMS, and release notes )

For those who may be familiar with the earlier versions of the WIMS Protocol , there have been some significant changes.

            1. New operations were added to allow more traditional manager-initiated queries as well as the Agent initiated operations in the original version.
            2. New and modified sequence example diagrams were added to better illustrate both agent and manager initiated modes.
            3. Instabilities in current WDSL specification made it difficult to include over-the-wire WIMS interaction examples that would hold up. Therefore, the WIMS Protocol Specification was abstracted and divorced from specific bindings. Bindings would be presented in a subsequent document.

Callin info is:
 Toll Free: 1-866-365-4406
 International: 00+1+303-248-9655
 Passcode: 2635888#