WIMS> CIM> Brief notes from conccall with CIM Core this morning

Hastings, Tom N Tom.Hastings at xeroxlabs.com
Thu Jan 26 18:13:17 EST 2006

Hi Rick,

To answer you questions about IPP:

(Printer MIB has a good intro.  Where is the  similar overview for IPP?)
TH> The first two sections of RFC 2911 are a good intro to IPP.
Google of RFC 2911 gets: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2911.html

Also the PWG Semantic Model (IEEE-ISTO 5105.1-2004) gives a good summary
of all of IPP semantics, including the many additional IETF and
IEEE-ISTO extensions standards to the base IPP RFC 2911.
Google of "PWG Semantic Model" gets: http://www.pwg.org/sm/

Tom
P.S. I never leave home without Google.