WIMS> Protocol - 22 March Concall at 1PM EST

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Wed Mar 22 12:09:05 EST 2006

Jerry had some interesting comments relative to the subjects of today's concal.

1. The LCRC-?????-?????.doc  document is actually intended to be a version of the specification that includes changes as a result of the last call, not the document list of changes or change log.

2. I thought we were going to modify figure 8 to include a legacy/SNMP agent somewhere in the tree??

Taking the second question first, I did add a legacy unit to the sequence diagram, but not to the topology sketch. I have posted a revised figure 8 at ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/complex_topology2.pdf for consideration.

With respect to the first issue, I am aware that we have been doing as Jerry indicates, but I checked the process document and neither the Process document nor the sense of the words Last Call Review Comments suggests that LCRC refers to an actual copy of the revised reveiwed document. (perhaps Last Call Review Copy?) Specifically, under Chapter 7 of the process document, it states:
"Supporting documents (see Section 5) are posted in the root Working Group path or a subdivision of that path as appropriate. Filename prefixes for common supporting documents are:
White Paper and Technical Brief – tb
Last Call Review Comments - lcrc "
That is the only reference to LCRC in the document. In Chapter 8, it states
"All issues and their resolution from the most recent Last Call must be published in the Formal Approval announcement. "
So, it would appear the the last call comments should be in the call for vote messageindepedentt of the document itself.
So, since the use of lcrc has been bugging me for a while, I though I would put it to a test. Easy enough to revert to the previous approach if thatrepresetss consensus.
Bill Wagner