WIMS> CIM - Posted InputTray and OutputTray (22 Jan 2008)

WIMS> CIM - Posted InputTray and OutputTray (22 Jan 2008)

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Tue Jan 22 15:02:37 EST 2008

Thank you for the new MOFs.  However, I don't think we want to run
mofpretty on any existing classes, only on new classes.  Here's the
situation:

- For PrintInputTray and PrintOutputTray, from the 2.17 version of the
MOF file to the mofinput version, 30% to 40% of all lines contain some
difference (by actual count).  This requires much, *much* editing.

- Many of the differences are editorial in nature, e.g., changing "input
tray" to "PrintInputTray," subunit to Printer, and the like.  These
require red-blue changes, but are reasonable; that's what we agreed to
do.

- Some of them are property name changes, e.g., from
CriticalAlertsStatus to CriticalAlertsPresent, which more accurately
reflects the question to which the boolean value is the answer.

- Some of them are ine-wrap changes, e.g., a word or an opening or
closing bracket being on one line or the following line.  These I will
try to ignore.  And it's just these that mofpretty generates many of.

Now for the sob story.  I spent many hours red-blue editing the MOF for
CIM_Printer only to discover that the course I had chosen permitted
*only* easy red-blue editing *or* proper formatting.  Pick one; not
both.  Gack.  Five hours down the drain.  And this was after ignoring
all formatting changes and editing only whole lines or clauses.  I am
going to inquire if I can replace entire property definitions, with
appropriate assurances that nothing funny is going on, given the number
of changes.

I apologize to the group for having wandered down the wrong path so long
and now having to retrace my steps.  This will cost us at least one week
in submitting the CRs.

Continuing to work on it....

rick