WIMS> [Delay Counter MIB until May? NO] WIMS/CIM Plenary Slides

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 12:50:25 EST 2008

Hi Bill,

On behalf of my client Samsung, I protest delaying Counter MIB for another
two months of Last Call to the April meeting.  The PWG Steering Committee
has repeatedly discussed the Counter MIB in December and agreed to the
CURRENT time schedule - to whit, Last Call to SPAN the February meeting
and Formal Approval to start immediately thereafter, for March adoption.

The SC has the specific right to alter process in the name of expediency.
Further, the SC has NEVER actually had a Last Call only during the Plenary
(without a WG topic as well).

If we delay the Counter MIB until May, then must we abandon all work on
the Imaging Counter classes for CIM until May.  Which means we're DONE
with CIM modelling in WIMS WG until this summer.

I appeal to SC members (officers and chairs) to speak up on this issue now,
before the Plenary this Thursday.

Concerned,
- Ira

On Feb 2, 2008 12:18 AM, William A Wagner <wamwagner at comcast.net> wrote:

> The February WIMS/CIM slides are posted at
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/white/WIMS_WG_Plenary_Feb_08.ppt
>

> It is largely the standard stuff, but with current status of the Counter MIB
> and the CIM update effort.  Reviewing the process document, it says
> specifically that last call must end with a review at  a Plenary. So we
> should schedule this review for the April Plenary.
>

> Please let me know if there are objections to anything in the slides. I
> should have CIM/WIMS slides out Monday after seeing Rick's.
>

> Thanks.
>

> Bill Wagner

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com