WIMS> CIM> All Printer-related CIM Schema CRs approved.

WIMS> CIM> All Printer-related CIM Schema CRs approved.

Richard_Landau at Dell.com Richard_Landau at Dell.com
Fri Mar 14 15:30:28 EDT 2008

You may now break out the moderately-priced champagne.  The last four
CRs embodying PWG's changes to the CIM model of the Printer device have
been approved by the DMTF Schema subcommiittee.  After only two years
and ten months of fun, we made it.  Hip Hip Hooray for us all!

Future milestones:
- When you see it in writing, when Schema v2.19 Experimental is
published containing all our changes, you may break out the good
champagne.
- When the classes achieve Final status (requires two implementations),
then we should all share the Dom Perignon.  Jerry, can the budget
withstand it?

Next jobs:
- Alerts
- Counters
- PrintService, Job, Queue
- Projectors
- (is there an end to this list?)

rick
Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO
Office
+1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682