WIMS> Concall at 11 EDT Monday 24 Mar.

wamwagner at comcast.net wamwagner at comcast.net
Sun Mar 23 20:01:01 EDT 2008

Concall at 11 EDT Monday 24 Mar.
Toll-free 1-866-365-4406 ; Passcode 2635888#
Agenda:
1. Last minutes review: ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/minutes/cim_080303.pdf
2. Contratulations, particularly to Rick and Ira for their efforts and endurance in getting all Printer CRs through.
3. Rick has prepared  slides for the DMTF Alliance Partners meeting posted on ftp at
ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/DMTF-PWG_AlliancePartnership_status_200803_00.pdf
He receieved comments at  the Steering Committee meeting on Thursday, and is off this morning. But take a look at teh slides and let us hear of any serious objections.
4. The Counter MIB had also passed vote for advancement to PWG candidate standard. Congatulations to  Ira.
5. We should be working on the CIM alerts. I have not been able to do anything further on it,  but perhaps we can get started as a group.
Hope you can call in.
Bill Wagner

From: wamwagner at comcast.net

Because just Rick and Ira called in today, we decided to try for another conference call next Monday, at 11 EDT. I will remind again later this week.

Rick will be going to the CIM associates meeting to, among other things, report on our progress and plans... and we do have significant plans that require effort by the WG members. The most imminent of these are the alerts indications. Some might consider reasonable handling of alerts even more important than the basic printer MOFS that Ira and Rick have gotten approved.

Please plan to join us next week, 24 March at 11 AM EDT.

Thanks,

Bill Wagner

From: wamwagner at comcast.net

From: <Richard_Landau at Dell.com>

You may now break out the moderately-priced champagne.  The last four CRs embodying PWG's changes to the CIM model of the Printer device have been approved by the DMTF Schema subcommiittee.  After only two years and ten months of fun, we made it.  Hip Hip Hooray for us all!
Future milestones:
- When you see it in writing, when Schema v2.19 Experimental is published containing all our changes, you may break out the good champagne.
- When the classes achieve Final status (requires two implementations), then we should all share the Dom Perignon.  Jerry, can the budget withstand it?
Next jobs:
- Alerts
- Counters
- PrintService, Job, Queue