WIMS> CIM> Posted Visio pix of Counter classes

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Sat May 31 13:58:25 EDT 2008

Hi Rick,

Good diagrams and instance examples, but...

XxxCounters should be XxxStatisticalData everywhere (per existing CIM usage),
including our base class ImagingStatisticalData which SHOULD be derived from
CIM_StatisticalData and NOT from CIM_ManagedElement (as in this Visio).

One existing CIM classes end in 'Counts'.   Two end in 'Counters'.
Eight end in 'StatisticalData'.  Note that older 'StatisticalInformation'
(complex keys) is now obsoleted by 'StatisticalData' (simple InstanceID
key), so there are a number of 'StatisticalInformation' as well.

Thus - ImagingXxxStatisticalData.

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 7:00 PM,  <Richard_Landau at dell.com> wrote:
> For discussion on WIMS-CIM call Monday, if possible.  Please review
> critically.  I'd like to present these to the Schema Subcommittee this
> Friday.
>
> ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/cim/Visio-Counters_01.pdf
>
> rick
> ----------------------
> Richard_Landau(at)dell(dot)com, Stds & System Mgt Architecture, CTO Office
> +1-512-728-9023, One Dell Way, RR5-3, MS RR5-09, Round Rock, TX 78682

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
 579 Park Place Saline, MI 48176