WIMS> Vendor information in CIM_Printer

konstantin.vorobyev at nts.ricoh.co.jp konstantin.vorobyev at nts.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Nov 28 04:11:13 EST 2008

Dear PWG members,

Well, I have one question related to CIM_Printer class, and hope this
mailing list is the best place for that.

Currently we use the latest version of CIM scheme, 2.19.1, and among other
information about printer we need to provide vendor's name, like "Ricoh"
etc. But it seems there no such property in current CIM_Printer class as
well as in all it's superclasses.
How should we add such information? Should we create new class by extending
CIM_Printer class, or use some existing property, like Name, Caption or so?

Thank you very much in advance,

Best regards, Konstantin Vorobyev, RICOH COMPANY, LTD.