WIMS> Vendor information in CIM_Printer

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 18:00:52 EST 2008

Hi Konstantin,

First - please pick up the new definitions of CIM v2.20 (shipped last
week) - there are several minor Printer class fixes from 2.19.

Also - beware that CIM_PrintAlertRecord.RecordFormat is STILL in
error (Rick Landau and I plan to submit fixups for CIM v2.21).

We have just discussed your question about Vendor name during
our WIMS WG session at the PWG face-to-face in Irvine, CA today.

Our consensus is that the best location for Vendor name would be
in CIM_Printer.Caption (which should be a direct mapping of the
sysDescr object in IETF MIB-II).

Our next PWG task will be to begin writing the CIM Printer Profile (i.e.,
the implementors guide and conformance rules) - please consider
contributing your ideas and experience to this effort.

Best Regards,

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter: