WIMS> Naming conventions for draft and approved WG charters

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:10:14 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

The normative source (with examples) is the PWG Naming Policy at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/general/process/pwg-namespace-policy-20060112.txt

NOTE - Working drafts of charter updates are supposed to be published
in the /pub/pwg/WG/wd directory, NOT in the .../charter directory.  Only PWG
SC or PWG Formal Vote approved charters are supposed to be in .../charter.

An example that conforms to the PWG policy (and includes the correct set
of section headers) is the IPP WG charter at:

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/ipp/charter/ch-ipp-charter-20050317.htm

For the next WIMS Charter working draft (goes to PWG SC for approval),
the correct Status is 'Stable'.  Only after PWG SC approval, should a NEW
copy be renamed and labeled 'Approved' and placed in .../charter.

We didn't think of VERSION in the PWG Naming Policy.  I like your suffix of '30'
in the filenames as helpful and meaningful.

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com
winter:
  579 Park Place  Saline, MI  48176