[WIMS] Posted Sketch of Power MIB (30 Sept 2009)

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 23:53:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just posted an ASN.1 *sketch* (not complete objects)
of the Power MIB, based on our discussions on Monday's
WIMS WG teleconference.

  ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/wims/wd/wd-wimspowermib10-20090930.txt

Per Harry Lewis' wonderful and humorous abbreviation
'POW', I've made the MIB object prefix 'pow'.

Besides the element deletes and renames we already
discussed, I renamed the (confusing) PowerMode group
to PowerSupport group (obvious) - see sketch.

The textual convention 'PowComponentTypeTC'
will have values like 'system(xx)', 'marker(yy)', etc.
(not just System versus Subunit), and be aligned
(in values) with PrtAlertGroupTC in Printer MIB v2.

I plan to release a next draft of Power Model sometime
next week, with all the agreed updates.

Comments?

Blue Roof Music/High North Inc
email: blueroofmusic at gmail.com