[WIMS] High North has reviewed Power Model/MIB and has comments

Ira McDonald blueroofmusic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 3 19:34:10 UTC 2010

Hi Andrew,

As a designer, I agree with your point about keeping things that
encourage well-written code (i.e., avoiding errors in "normal"
paths).  That's why I originally added the MaxXxxRecords.

But in practice, they've got another design problem.  They each
limit the number of rows in powXxxTable in the MIB - but they do
that *across* all power managed components (System and some
Subunits).  Yucky.

Also maps terribly to PWG XML Schema, where the limit in the
System object spans/includes a bunch of Subunit objects.

This is a sad collision of the MIB versus XML mapping, with no
real obvious solution.

Co-Chair - IEEE-ISTO PWG IPP WG
Co-Chair - TCG Hardcopy WG
Blue Roof Music/High North Inc