IFX Mail Archive: Re: Should we add image/tiff ;application=faxbw and ;application=faxc olor as 2 additional examples

Re: Should we add image/tiff ;application=faxbw and ;application=faxc olor as 2 additional examples

Ron Bergman (rbergma@dpc.com)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 19:00:07 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Tom,

My objection was the addition of a new attribute to provide the
"aaplication=xxxx". My point was that the profile provides more
information than faxbw or faxcolor. But, certainly the additional
information can be included in the "document-format" attribute.

The TIFF profiles are more complex that simply B&W or color. You may want
to check RFC 2301, page #6 for a summary of the profiles and then reword
your examples.

Ron Bergman
Dataproducts Corp.