IFX Mail Archive: Re: Name that WG contest

Re: Name that WG contest

Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 22:11:58 -0600

At 03:19 PM 3/18/1999 -0500, Ira McDonald wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Gee this is a lot more fun than working for a living, isn't it?
>
>Richard, if we can't use the dreaded 'F[bleep]' word how do we
>spread the secret knowledge that we're *maybe* talking about
>the use of IPP in the context of realtime or near-realtime
>service for unalterable documents, to new participants in
>the 'QualDocs' working group?

Well the name thing is important to the IESG since they have a very strong
opinion that the work should not be cast as an alternative to GSTN Fxx.
There are some serious Layer 9 issues here especially with regards to
cooperation with the ITU and considering the BOF was privately refered to
by some folks in Minneapolis as "Son of IPP".

I'll have more details tommrrow but I feel much better about the prospects
for getting a charter approved which would give us the green light to start
some work.

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110