IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Re: IPP> QUALDOCS 2ND BOF Agenda ?

IFX> Re: IPP> QUALDOCS 2ND BOF Agenda ?

harryl@us.ibm.com
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:11:26 -0600

Richard, my apologies that I will not be able to attend the BOF in D.C. My
recommendation, however, is to continue this work as part of IPP. I believe
QUALDOCS and IPP are complimentary in that QUALDOCS has been driving some very
appropriate requirements for IPP (i.e. delivery notification) while IPP provides
the basis and infrastructure for achieving the goal of high fidelity rendering
across the web. There is an expanding list of IPP announced, beta and/or shipped
implementations - another reason for QUALDOCS to continue building on IPP. I
think QUALDOCS and IPP are natural, together, and should remain focused in the
PWG/IPP arena.

Harry Lewis
IBM Printing Systems
harryl@us.ibm.com