IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Gateways/interworking

IFX> Gateways/interworking

Graham Klyne (GK@Dial.pipex.com)
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 10:35:44 +0000

At 15:50 31/10/99 -0600, Richard Shockey wrote:
>> >June 2000 : Submit Internet Draft for Quality Document Distribution
Gateway
>> >Services (Based on Selected Protocols)
>>
>>How long is a piece of string? Gateway to *what*?
>
>:-) Gateway to other Messaging Services??? or drop entirely as "out of
>scope".. just make sure the QUALDOCS "protocol'" can carry sufficient data
>for gateway functions ???

After I posted that, I thought that maybe an informational document along
the lines of "Requirements for QUALDOCS Gateways" or "Requirements for
QUALDOCS Interworking" might be what you wanted to capture.

#g

Graham Klyne
(GK@ACM.ORG)