IFX Mail Archive: Re: IFX> Postal Service Testing E-Mail for

Re: IFX> Postal Service Testing E-Mail for All

From: Richard Shockey (rshockey@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Aug 14 2000 - 21:49:23 EDT

    At 04:39 PM 8/14/2000 -0700, pmoore@peerless.com wrote:
    >The UK post office did a similar scheme a year or so ago - here is the web
    >site
    >
    >http://www.royalmail.com/links/relayone.htm
    >
    >sadly ( i was marginally involved in setting it up in a previous life) it now
    >seems to have closed down. I wonder if the USPS can make a go of it.

    That is not the point.... the key is that the PWG QUALDOCS WG
    ..universalizes this class of service across carrier / /service provider
    boundaries with a clear open and standards based system.

    The idea of the USPS is correct its just they have not come to the right
    place ..us ... for a standard. Oh and BTW if they dont like it .... how
    many document delivery service providers exist on this planet?

    The idea is correct...its just that the standards are not there. Thats
    where _we_ PWG provide technical leadership and technical standards.

    IMHO the opportunity here is staggering..the global transmission and
    physical delivery of documentary information. edocuments...edelivery ..
    anywhere on the face of the planet ...put your own e..somewhere ...smells
    like ecash to me.

    IPP 1.1 is the foundation for all of this. That's why this work is
    important. So what if the IETF can't deal with it ..I'm certainly
    sympathetic to their dilemmas but that cannot halt progress.

    We have a lot to talk about in Chicago and I'm looking forward to being there.

    Richard Shockey
    Senior Technical Industry Liaison
    NeuStar Inc.
    1120 Vermont Avenue N.W.
    Suite 550
    Washington DC. 20005
    Voice 314.503.0640
    Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
    DC Number 202.533.2811
    INTERNET Mail & IFAX : rich.shockey@neustar.com
    or rshockey@ix.netcom.com
    http://www.neustar.com