IFX Mail Archive: Re: IFX> draft-moore-qualdocs-protocol-00.

Re: IFX> draft-moore-qualdocs-protocol-00.txt

From: Carl Kugler/Boulder/IBM (kugler@us.ibm.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 19:09:27 EDT

    You could easily set up some access control policies based on certificates.
    For example:

    - Only accept jobs from clients having a certificate containing OU=PSD,
    O=IBM (OU is organizational unit, O is organization)
    - Only accept jobs from clients having a certificate issued and signed by
    my private certificate authority (CA)
    - Only accept admin requests from clients having a certificate issued and
    signed by my private CA, containing O=PSD, OU=Admins

    Or, you could create a directory or database mapping subject unique
    identifiers to specific capabilities.

         -Carl

    pmoore@peerless.com@pwg.org on 08/21/2000 03:23:43 PM

    Sent by: owner-ifx@pwg.org