IFX Mail Archive: IFX> IPP Fax meeting #3

IFX> IPP Fax meeting #3

From: pmoore@peerless.com
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 05:35:38 EST

    The third IPP fax meeting will take place as part of the PWG meeting in San
    Diego on 12/8.

    Location and sign up details are on the PWG web site http://www.pwg.org. Just a
    reminder - anybody can attend there is no need to be a PWG member (you just have
    to pay the meeting fee - usually less than $100).

    I propose the following agenda.

    1. Schedule check and summary of progress

    2. 'What are we trying to do?'

    Lee Farrell raised this at the last meeting. We have been discussing
    requirements at too low a level. We need to step back and address what the
    functional requirements are. This includes looking at usage scenarios. I will
    put together a presentation of what I see as the main usage scenarios and the
    high level requirements issues that they raise. Hopefully we can close this
    during the day because without basic agreement around this area we cannot
    proceed.

    3. conneg

    We have had some exchanges about the strengths and weaknesses of conneg. Nobody
    has come up with a better solution - anybody with any ideas is welcome to speak
    up during this slot

    4. T.38

    I had hoped to find somebody to talk intelligently about t38 but could find no
    volunteers. If there are any volunteers for this then please speak up (by email
    or on the day). If not then I guess we dont get to say very much

    If there is anything you would like to add then please let me know ASAP

    Paul Moore