IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Minutes of the IPP FAX WG meeting, fr

IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Minutes of the IPP FAX WG meeting, fr

IFX> Minutes of the IPP FAX WG meeting, from Portland, April 25, 2001 down-loaded

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 19:12:10 EDT

  • Next message: John Pulera: "IFX> UIF spec has been updated: 'uif-spec-04'"

    I've posted the minutes of the IPP FAX WG meeting, from Portland, April 25,
    2001 at:

    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/minutes/IPPFAX-0104-minutes.pdf
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/minutes/IPPFAX-0104-minutes.doc

    We scheduled a telecon for anyone to join for Wednesday, May 30, 2001, 10-12
    PDT (1-3 EDT) to discuss the updated documents and any issues raised on the
    mailing lists.

    The next meeting of the IPP FAX WG will be during the week of July 30 in
    Toronto, Canada, along with the other PWG meetings. It will probably be on
    Monday, July 30 The exact date and hotel information will be announced
    later.

    Here are the action items from the minutes:

    ACTION ITEM (John Pulera): Look at tiff/fx and/or CONNEG V2 (RFC 2879) and
    propose a set of REQUIRED capabilities for each profile that would allow us
    to describe the capabilities of an IPP FAX Printer in one or more simple IPP
    Printer "xxx-supported" attributes sufficiently well to avoid the need for
    CONNEG to be a REQUIRED part of IPP FAX.

    ACTION ITEM (John Pulera): Post the updated UIF spec on the PWG server and
    announce to the list.

    ACTION ITEM (Tom Hastings, John Pulera): Tom to setup a call to talk to a
    tiff/fx expert, such as Lloyd McIntyre or Rob Buckley, to discuss the
    strategy of using TIFF/FX profiles directly, rather than defining additional
    profiles, such as U in the current UIF document, while still meeting the
    requirements of IPP FAX for .

    ACTION ITEM (all): Read and make comments on the IFX document:
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/ifx-spec-03.doc

    ACTION ITEM (Tom Hastings): Setup and announce a conference call for
    Wednesday, May 30, 2001 10-12 PDT (1-3 EDT) to discuss the updated
    specifications.

    Tom



    This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon May 07 2001 - 19:12:24 EDT