IFX Mail Archive: IFX> FW: Agenda IPPFAX telecon, Friday, Au

From: Hastings, Tom N (hastings@cp10.es.xerox.com)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 14:13:37 EDT

    Internet FAX WG,

    I'm remiss in not sending this announcement sooner about an IPPFAX telecon
    tomorrow. Based on the minutes from London, there is concern about
    incompatibility with UIF and TIFF/FX:

    Here is the statement about the IPPFAX presentation that Lloyd McIntyre made
    at the
    Internet FAX WG at the IETF meeting:

     5.4 PWG IPP Fax status report

    Lloyd reported on behalf of the PWG IPP group. (see slides for a detailed
    description of documents and status). Is was made clear that the activity
    presetnte is carried on within the IEEE unbrella, and also that the IESG
    did not accepted this activity as a possible IETF one, answering that
    these activities were already covered by our wg. There was consensus from
    the wg that there must be a better coordination with these external
    efforts, in order to avoid any possible incomaptible products to be
    developed.

    The slides that Lloyd presented are available at:
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/slides/IPPFAX-status-010729-at-ietf51.ppt
    ftp://ftp.pwg.org/pub/pwg/QUALDOCS/slides/IPPFAX-status-010729-at-ietf51.pdf

    So the first hour of our telecon will be about both the Internet FAX WG
    concerns about incompatibility between UIF and TIFF/FX and the Adobe IPR
    concerns about TIFF/FX.

    If you can't join us, but have input for either the first or second hour,
    please send email to ifx@pwg.org.

    Thanks,
    Tom