IFX Mail Archive: IFX> Re: Notes on the IFX part of the IPPF

From: Marty Joel (mjoel@netreon.com)
Date: Sun Aug 19 2001 - 17:05:00 EDT

    Hi Tom,

    1. Did we decide that receivers had to have certificates, but they could
    be self-signed?

    2.

    >> 16. An initial IPP request never uses TLS.

    That's not true; a client can submit requests in SSL.

    3.

    >> Distribution of public keys to Senders or Receivers...

    Wasn't that for private keys, for installing a certificate remotely?

    4. I thought we ditched final-destination-uri in favor of the
    implementation-dependant ability to use VCards to notify recipients.

    Regards,

    Marty